NUvention 2011 Team Descriptions
- Groovebug (www.groovebug.com) - Groovebug enables users to effortlessly connect with and follow their favorite bands, and discover new music along the way. It does this by scanning the user’s music library and creating a personalized rich media music magazine for the iPad. Music, videos, images, news from the blogoshpere, and similar artists are compiled according to the user’s music taste. Whether the user loves trendy electro, classic rock, underground hip hop or even obscure bluegrass, Groovebug creates a personalized music magazine that speaks to the user.
- Sweetperk (www.sweetperk.com) - SweetPerk builds custom mobile apps that make it easy for consumers to find and redeem promotions from local merchants. The service drives foot traffic to shopping districts, associations, and malls. Shoppers use the app on iPhone or Android to browse offers, or “Perks”, and redeem them by scanning a unique QR code at each store. Merchants can create new promotions online and see their new offers show up almost immediately on consumer’s smart phones
- Waddle (www.waddleapp.com) - Waddle is a mobile app for intimate and immediate group photo journaling. By creating a private space, any member of a “Waddle” can post location-aware photos and messages. Waddle captures the group’s story in a contextual, visual, and conversational way.
Other NUvention 2011 Teams
- PeerPoints - Peerpoints is a mobile application to help small businesses create custom deals, measure their effectiveness and increase loyalty among their customers efficiently.
- Suggenda - Suggenda helps organize events with friends. It allows groups of friends to collaborate online and vote for time and location options.
- AlumSocial - AlumSocial provides a single platform for alumni to harness the power of the alumni community.
- ShareOnIt - ShareOnIt is a Craigslist for hyper-local communities, like dorms, apartment buildings, and condo associations.
- MassiveStart – MassiveStart is a platform where producers of videos can get detailed quantitative and demographic feedback on their work before rolling out to a larger audience.